I’m starting to sound like a stuck record for the number of times I’ve said, “I don’t know how anyone ever planned a trip before the internet.”
Other people’s ideas have been so useful planning our Japan trip. Today I’m sourcing tips for international travel and would love to hear yours.
Here’s an overview of what other people I’ve asked have said:
- Take slip-on shoes for airports and terminals
- Take your oldest undies – you can just throw them away as you go, and not worry about washing them to bring home
- Take as little stuff as you can with you, be realistic about what clothes you will actually wear in real life
- When traveling to non-English countries, take a business card from the reception of your hotel so you can show taxi drivers etc.
- If hotels do breakfast free take a Tupperware container and fill it with fruit and nuts for daytime snacks
- Buy travel socks for trip the and also trip back and hiff them on the plane
- Put all the clothes you are certain you will need on the bed and reduce by half
- Pack a toothbrush, deodorant, a change of undies and a top in your carry-on just in case your luggage gets lost!
There seems to also be a lot of “buy cheap x and biff it out when you get there.”
What’s your advice?