It’s a beautiful sunny, calm day today in Featherston and we’re heading for 20 degrees. So iron your prettiest dress and oil your bike chain because tomorrow it’s going to be even better.
Tomorrow at 11.30am I’m taking part in Featherston’s first Frocks on Bikes event. This is followed by vintage shopping at Kate Mead’s house where I’ll have an Emma Makes stall. There’s also a high tea happening at the same location but that requires a ticket. Biking and shopping are free to attend.
What my stall will stock:
- Paper and cellophane bags in spots and stripes
- Purses made from vintage fabrics
- Bags from vintage fabrics
- Pencils with witty sayings
- A basket of cats made from vintage blankets
Details of the ride
- Meet at the antique shop in Fox St, Featherston at 11.30am
- After a briefing we will make our way along Fox st turning right into Donald st, crossing over Revans St and continuing along the gravel Rd (Donald St)
- Turn left at end of road and cross over bridge.
- At intersection continue straight ahead into Longwood East. You will see the drink station for your drink refreshment outside Longwood grounds.
- Follow the driveway into the Longwood grounds turn left at “Cottages sign”.
- Follow the path until you see our marshall pointing the way out (it’s a loop).
- Back out on the road turn Left into Longwood East.
- At intersection turn right into Murphy Rd. Continue until to you get to SH53.
- Turn Left into SH53. We will have marshals stationed along this short stretch of road to ensure your safety.
- Turn right into Wallace St and left back into Fox St.
- We will have riders leading the way and at the back of the ride.
- Please wear your cycle helmets and give way at all times to traffic.
All riders are welcome to come to the vintage shopping at our venue opposite the RD1 on the main State Highway. We may also have some gelato available for sale.