Today is my first day of my new job and the first time in 2.5 years that I’ve been the new girl. While my team is small (about six other people) my new workplace is large so I’m sure I’ll spend a lot of time meeting a huge number of new people and asking a lot of obvious questions.
There’s a lot to do this week:
- Get a new train ticket
- Remember to get off at Waterloo instead of Wellington (that’s 20 minutes earlier than normal)
- Work out when to leave work to make the train home
- Carry my wooden box with a skull on it that’s full of work essentials like pens and herbal tea to my new desk
- Work on Friday – THE HORROR
But I’ve sorted the most important thing, which is what I’m going to wear. Head to toe it goes like this:
- New haircut (always the same, just shorter)
- Make-up that looks like not make-up
- Polka dot cardigan (I found in my earthquake box when I left my old job. It’s perfectly good so I don’t know why I put it in there)
- Black long-sleeved top
- Black dress from The Carpenter’s Daughter
- Floral petticoat/skirt (below) that I made this weekend from fabric Mum bought in Asia a couple of years ago
- Black tights
- Shoes – yet to be determined. Probably grey brogues.
Wish me luck!