I ended up drawing the design up about three times – spending about three hours pottering away while listening to podcasts. Here’s the process happened…
I drew out the Tiny Eyes template and cracked open the art set that Santa gave me.
I drew a blunt bob for my doll – a challenge because Tiny Eyes dolls usually have round heads. I needed mine to fit pretty closely to the standard pattern but look obviously like a bob.
I outlined the hair in felt tip – I want it to be black or really dark brown. Seemed like a good idea to use felt tip at the time. But…
I love the look of beads and tidying up my studio I found these few beads that someone had given me. So I made the doll a cute little necklace.
I created an example of the petticoat and started to draw a floral dress. But… you can see here that I watercoloured the hair, which then made the felt bleed out. Not a huge fan so I started again.
Redo – creating the idea of a floral purple/ dark dress.
I added a fabric sample to show that it would look like in real life. I also added a brown belt.
A close up of dress and petticoat.
I hadn’t covered every pattern type known to man yet so drew spotted tights. And shoes with ribbons.
Last of all I added a bunch of written descriptions so that Dee (Tiny Eyes herself) would know what I intended – or what I was describing but not entirely wed to if she wanted to change it a bit in the making.
And now we wait… next time you see this project it will be as the actual Tiny Eyes doll. Exciting!
This entry was posted on Sunday, June 16th, 2013 at 5:59 pm and is filed under Inspiration. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.