On Friday is was my night to cook dinner so I made a big pot of spicy tomato soup. Soup is really easy to get right if you taste it as you make it and if you cook it for a couple of hours to reduce it, which gives it a deeper, richer flavour.
Of course, a bit pot means lots left over too – some for lunches, a dash into the mince to give it flavour… and on Saturday morning I made my version of eggs Napoli, which is easy and delicious. Here’s how:
- Add enough tomato soup into a frying pan to cover it by at least an inch (you don’t need any oil).
- Heat it up until the soup is bubbling and then reduce the heat.
- Crack two eggs into the soup.
- Leave to cook – it will take longer than poached eggs in water and you might need to spoon some tomato soup over the top of the eggs to cook the tops.
- Serve in a shallow bowl with toast and salt and pepper.
If you want to hear about other Emma Makes projects then you should follow my other blog.